Friday, July 8, 2011

Running from the mob vs. family obligations

I dreamt that A. and I were in a saloon where there were gang/mafia members. It was kind of like the movie Kaante but with fewer stripper poles and more framed pictures on the walls. And then we saw a gangster get killed right in front of us. So obviously the thing to do at this point was to GTFO.

We left and went to my apartment to pack up some things. Except my apartment was more like one that I lived in when I was in Dallas. I was very concerned because we needed to go into the mountains (where A. had just gotten back from hiking) and I didn't know if I had any synthetic underwear, and definitely didn't have synthetic pants. Cotton just wouldn't do.

I guess my stuff got packed, so we went to his house so we could just repack all the stuff he took camping. The front door of his house led to a hallway, and his room was just right there off the long wall of the hallway. Strange place for a door, but there it was. The room also had its own bathroom and large closet. I went in and started throwing stuff into a backpack. My phone started ringing though and it was my sister. I was too busy to answer, so I just let it ring.

At this point my mom barges into the room and comes up to me very angry. She told me that the last time A. and I were at her house, we smelled horrible and it must come to an end immediately, and what were we going to do about it? I tried to tell her that this could wait, that we had to pack and leave because the gang was going to come after us any minute, but NO. IT COULD NOT WAIT. I said that we would continue to take baths and not eat any beef or pork, and that should fix the problem. "But what's HE going to do?" I looked over at A., who was busy packing and said, "What are you going to do?" Silence was my only response. I just shrugged and said "We're going to eat better and drink more water, ok? Now we have WORK to do." The phone starts ringing again. My mom sees that it's my sister and says, "Look at this. You smell bad AND you ignore your family." and walks out of the room in a huff.

~~Disclaimer: My mom is the coolest, most easygoing person in the whole world and this conversation would NEVER take place in real life!~~

No comments:

Post a Comment