Sunday, July 31, 2011

Wanton Destruction

My sister had bought a house, and we were packing up her old house (which was on a street similar to our grandparents') so that we could get her moved into the new one. I also lived on this same street - with my parents and grandparents - in a big house that was similar (though not same) to the one that we lived in when I was in high school. My sister's house was across the street and to the left of the house I lived in.

About two houses down from my house to the right was an abandoned house that no one took care of anymore. On this house was a copper awning. My sister decided that she wanted that awning for her new house, and since it was an abandoned house that no one lived in anymore, it would not be such a problem if she took it. So she asked me to help her remove it. I was a bit concerned about this at first, because it seemed to be stealing, but she convinced me that it wasn't a big deal since it was an abandoned house, and I ended up helping her remove it.

When we removed the awning, though, we had to remove what was one of the main support points for the house, and that side of the house collapsed into a mess of bricks. It looked pretty bad :\ We loaded the awning into her car, which was some 80s monstrosity, and got ready to take it to the new place in the morning.

In the morning, I sort of realized that this wasn't a good idea and that we shouldn't have removed that awning from the house. I went to go tell her this, and she had come to the same conclusion herself. There was no way to put it back though now, so I was trying to figure out a solution that would give us the least amount of jail time for Wanton Destruction of Property.

Then the solution came to me in a flash: Wake up! So, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment