Thursday, July 17, 2014

K's wedding reception and a reckless driver

K had returned yet again, but this time he had gotten married and was having his wedding reception. He invited A. and me to come and of course we were very excited and said we would. I wonder who he married though - Petrichor, or the red-haired girl? I never found out.

I had to go to my old university, so I took the car and drove there. As I parked the car, a blonde sorority girl came over to look at the Prius. "I've never driven one of these cars before. Cars for poor people. Can I?" she said, then just took my keys from me. I hastily jumped in the passenger seat as she took me on a terrifying ride. Up stairs, across the main quad, forcing people to run to get out of the way, barely missing beams... I was afraid she would wreck the car. I pleaded with her to stop, as it was the only car I had and I couldn't afford another. But she kept driving like a maniac - at least until she got bored and parked in a parking garage then sauntered off.

I got out of the car myself and coming around the corner were A. and a visibly shaken K. It turns out he was not able to get a train ticket to Nagpur, which was where the wedding reception would be held, in time for the wedding. He had a lot of things he had to bring as well, and now it looked like the whole thing had to be postponed or maybe cancelled. I was briefly thankful that girl had not wrecked my car, because it was now needed, and just said without thinking, "Oh, we're coming anyway. You can ride with us." A. shot me a death glare; his original plan was to take the train and if we couldn't get seats, then he was hoping we'd just not go. But now we were committed to a very long drive (I assume we were in Delhi. I don't actually know.) and we started making logistical plans to fit three of us, all of our suitcases, and the reception decor that K had with him into the Prius. 

No comments:

Post a Comment