Monday, November 17, 2014

A place to gather

(November 17, 2014)

I had recently found a new comic whose work I liked. Her name was Lorraine, and her acts really reminded me a lot of my life. I thought I was watching a tv show, but it turned out the clips were very short and I just thought they were connected, but they were not. I was so addicted to these clips, I was watching them in my car and the car battery ran low. So to charge it back up, I drove around the block. I then came across the house of one SB, on a corner lot of a very wealthy subdivision. As I drove by her very large backyard, I got a glimpse of her menagerie, mostly very cute kittens. They were frolicking all over a large, nicely planned garden.

I stopped the car and went inside to say hello. I entered through a large patio/hall. She was cleaning up after a Girl Scout cookie party that she had been hosting. We made small talk, then my friend AR texts me, asking him if I could go pick him up, as he was at a nearby bank.

I went to pick him up. The bank actually looked like a house, which confused me, but I saw him and pulled over to get him. I sat in the passenger seat - actually, in the center - and he drove. On the way back, was telling him about Lorraine. He asked me if she reminded me of DB, which I thought was an odd question, so I asked him why everything reminded him of DB. But he ignored the question as we drove by SB's house again, and mentioned how he missed going over there, and how he knew all the cats by name. So we decided to stop by again, just for a minute.

This time, we go in by the front door and end up in the kitchen. There's a big group meeting in the kitchen, talking about Ferguson and protests. AR is sitting on the bleachers outside in the patio/hall but I'm quite interested in this discussion so I come in and listen more. The leader of the group asked me if I was really interested or if this was just a passing thing, and asked me to prove it. I got nervous and wanted to write my information down but had lost all my motor skills. It took me a long time to write down my name and address, but somehow I did. I also wanted to exchange addresses with someone, but couldn't find any more paper.

Then there was a group activity; we all had a piece of thread and we were supposed to give ours to someone else. I didn't know anyone so I chose a guy randomly. Turns out he was a famous singer and I didn't know. At this point, we cleared out the kitchen area for his show. We've been talking for a while and he asked me to sing something but I said I only had Hindi karaokes. So instead, he asked me to make an announcement to start the show, but I was bad at it and people made fun of me. I went to go get food, to abate my embarrassment, but my motor skills were still very bad and I couldn't get the chips to stay on my plate, so I tried to throw it away and I couldn't even do that. I realized it was time to make my exit, so I go look for AR, but he has driven home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment